Introducing 'Seat SWAP', Applegreen’s new and improved rewards programme
Posted by faye.stammers | 20 June
Irish forecourt retailer Applegreen has engaged with Pure Loyalty (powered by TLC Marketing) to refresh their existing loyalty programme, with the aim of increasing customer engagement and retaining its status as a leading motorway service operator.
The new creative positioning ‘Seat SWAP’ centres on customers trading their driver’s seat for a more exciting alternative. Each of the six themed ‘seats’ represent a suite of different rewards that customers can claim against points earned on fuel and in-store purchases.
The six different themed seat categories are:
- A deck chair: includes travel rewards such as €50/€100 off any sun holiday with Click&Go or a 12-month membership to Hotel Express
- A spa-inspired lounger: includes the opportunity for members to experience a range of relaxation and wellbeing rewards; from a three-month subscription to ‘The Mindfulness App’ to a choice of free, local beauty and wellness treatments
- A roller-coaster seat: includes discounted passes to hundreds of top nationwide attractions and ‘Days Out’ venues
- A comfortable armchair: includes in-home entertainment rewards such as free audio books, digital prints or a 12-month Applegreen Movie Club membership
- A cinema seat: includes discounts on shows, cinema passes or entry into various music and theatre events
- A charity chair: members can also choose to donate their points to one of Applegreen’s charity partners. 2018/19 charity partners are Focus Ireland, Friends of the Cancer Centre, Debra Ireland and The Irish Youth Foundation
In addition to these rewards, there are a wide range of offers and discounts that do not require a minimum spend or the redemption of points.
Carol O’Connor, Loyalty Manager at Applegreen, said “The introduction of ‘Seat SWAP’ rewards is Applegreen’s way of thanking our customers for their continued support and rewarding them for their loyalty. With the provision of relevant and easy to attain rewards, our aim is to drive ongoing customer engagement and feedback while ensuring we are delivering the value-added rewards proposition our customers want. We are proud of the stand out concept and creative as it’s something that’s never been seen before in our industry. We can’t wait to start hearing what our customers think as the Applegreen rewards programme evolves.”
Mike Brinn, Global Loyalty Director at Pure Loyalty, said, “We now live in an experience economy and what better way to excite Applegreen customers than by encouraging them to swap their driver’s seat in favour of something new and different. I’m so proud of the team here at TLC Marketing who have worked endlessly to secure amazing partners for this scheme and come up with the creative concept that I know will disrupt the forecourt industry.”
TLC Marketing developed the Applegreen Rewards 'Seat SWAP' website and creative. They are also are managing the end to end fulfilment of the programme including the recruitment of partners and delivery of rewards.
Applegreen launched ‘Seat SWAP’ rewards on the 17th of May 2018. Customers can visit www.applegreen.ie/rewards to register for the rewards programme and find out more about the rewards on offer.
Notes to the editor
For press enquiries, please contact:
Emma Critchley, PR & Marketing Manager at TLC Marketing via phone 020 7725 6029 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1992, Applegreen is an Irish owned major forecourt retailer (occupying a leading position in the petrol forecourt sector). It operates in over 316 sites across three territories which include: Ireland, the UK and the US. With over 3,500 employees, Applegreen prides itself on its commitment in delivering service and value to their customers.
About TLC Marketing
TLC Marketing Worldwide specialise in loyalty programmes, incentive and reward campaigns, allowing brands to outpace their competition for a fraction of the cost of price led alternatives. TLC Marketing UK is the Institute of Promotional Marketing (IPM) Agency of the Year 2017 and won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade 2016. In 2016/17 they won a number of awards for their work with Continental Tyres, Bupa, Pallas Foods and Braun. Other clients include Eon, HSBC, First Direct and Yakult.